Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What a Lovely Field Trip!

Hello!

There are so many great things to talk about that I don't want to lose track of any of them! I will try to catch you up, now that I can post images again. 



Our field trip to the Mission Valley Library's orchestra session was lovely.  We had a great time listening to music by a professional violin player. 

Some of it was:
Spring by Vivaldi
Beautiful blue Danube Waltz
Water Music by Handel
Scheherazade by Rimsky Koraskov
Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky
(the last is close to my heart because I danced the Nutcracker for 11 years with my ballet company, long, long ago!)

I think we will explore the concept of how music can tell a story. Last Friday when we had our dancing time, we did a little of this.  The friends were excited to try to dance out a battle.  What actions best portray this while an orchestra is playing and so that it remains pretend?  We will do more with this, and I would love a copy of the music and the story of Peter and the Wolf if anyone has it!


Each child got to try out a violin that was just their size and they really seemed interested in how it worked.  Some of them seemed very comfortable holding this instrument!







After the show, we had lunch outside and enjoyed their water feature immensely!  I hope your child told you all about it!









Thank you to each of the families who took time in their day to drive us. We couldn't have gone without you! And personally, for me, it was really nice to have some time together to talk and catch up a little at lunch! Thank you for sharing the fun of watching the children's wonder and enjoyment. They do love life!


Enjoy your night! Love, Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment