Tuesday, August 3, 2010

As summer ends, I'm getting excited!

Welcome, I'm so glad you are here.

The movers are taking care to put all the furniture into our new rooms tomorrow.  I have been waiting for this so I can begin the fun.  There are so many ideas floating around my head, but the most important thing is to make this space inviting, inspiring and alive for you new children that are coming to Innovations Academy. 

As I put together the space as a provocation for our year together, I will also create a list of things you families can do to help.  This will come soon. 

But first, please begin talking to your child about what it will feel like to go to school, to say goodbye, to be in charge of your own stuff, to meet new friends.  All these things are big and abstract.  Having small and comfortable conversations, at home with the ones you love most, will help to make this idea of "going off to Kindergarten" seem do-able.  The very best we can do for our new Kindergarten friends is support them to feel confident and capable and to know that there are many people around cheering them on in this.

I am so happy to be one of those people.  Until then, please feel free to contact me.  I am looking forward to meeting you and your family.  Sending out happy summer memories to all of you until next post, Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jennifer!

    We are so excited that Aryav will be starting kindergarten this year with Innovations Academy!! We are curious to know who his teacher is and who is in his class. (He has a friend also starting with him and would be devastated if they werent together..:D).
    Also we wanted to set up some some kinda informal parents n classmates park playdates prior to school starting...is there a way we can get the mailing list for his class?
    Many thanks!
    --
    cheers..Payal Yagnik
    Mother of Aryav Srinivas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Payal,

    I'm so glad you're with us!

    I asked Christine about your questions she suggests you contanct Donna with your class placement request for the two friends. Also, there are some Kindergarten parents that are creating a beach or park get together, so she can tell you more about this so that you and your son can meet more of the other children.

    I hope this answered your questions. I'm looking forward to meeting you! Enjoy your day, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete