Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tomorrow we begin!

Hello to all the families of Ocean, Aryav, Estelle, Liam, Cecilia,  Gavin, Jenna, Thyra, Isabella, Aragon,  Maia, Henry, Grace, Harper, Javon, Samantha, Leilae and Kaydence!

It was so nice to meet many of you last evening, and I am looking forward to tomorrow as our first day together!  We are beginning on a Wednesday so that we can take advantage of the short day as an easy way to get used to being at school.  Tomorrow's schedule is from 8:30-12.  Please feel free to come and stay as you'd like tomorrow.  You know your child, so will know what will work best for them and for you.  Then on Thursday will be our first longer day, and the day to say good bye for the school day.  Make sure to be talking with your child about how this will go and all the feelings you all will be having.

Also, I wanted to thank you so much for beginning to get your supplies in.  This helps our classroom have lots of goodies for the whole year.  I had lots of fun shopping for our class to get things started, and then your supplies will help us be set. 

Something to know about me is that I am not big on traditional homework, but I do use the word ( as you saw in my post about parent homework!)  The type of things I feel are great as "homework" are things like sharing with you discussion topics that we have been having so that you can join that discussion at home, or research and collections that friends want to continue at home.  Two collections we are starting are any animal images the children chose to bring in and seeds to investigate (they don't have to be new, we aren't germinating these ones, yet).  All "homework" is fun and supposed to be only done if it catches your child and your family's interest. 

There are so many things that I can't wait to tell you about but I won't overwhelm you and I should get to bed.  Having a good night's sleep is ALWAYS important! 

Sending you all my excitement and love, Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment