Saturday, August 13, 2011

Got Supplies? Yes we do, but we could use some other things...

Hello IA families!

Welcome to First Grade!  I can't wait to meet all of you!

I am working on the supply list, so stay tuned.  After last year, I still have a lot of some things and didn't have enough of other things.  So I am not going to be asking for you to get a bunch of pencils and the likes.  Our class already has a lot!  We would like for you not to be wasting your money on things we don't need, but to use these resources for cool stuff like beautiful art supplies and great math manipulatives, etc. 

AND BOOKS!  I love when children bring their favorite books as a gift for the class.  This is a great connecting point for them when they are making friends.  This is by no means a requirement, but you think your child would be interested, have them pick out a treasured book (new or a little loved!).

In the meantime, here's the class wish list if you feel inspired to purchase off it for things we'll need for our coming fun.
http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/1GPWNUYF8VVAH/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go

As always, I am not asking you to choose Amazon, but I am just using it as an easy way to show you our needs. 

I found cool journals that have half the space for drawing and half for writing.  I like this better than the ones that we got last year, but they of course are not as cheap.  So I am thinking about this.  But it seems so much more special to not have lines going through your great drawing and then have better ruled lines to practice our writing in.  What do you think?  Here's what I'm talking about:
http://www.amazon.com/iScholar-Primary-Composition-Journal-10116/dp/B0053CN97G/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1313300755&sr=8-25

Oh, all the things we think about to make things so great in class.  :)

I am getting so excited.  Talk to you soon!  Love, Jennifer

PS if you purchase something big like a welcoming arbor for our outside area, please email me so I'll take it off the list and we don't end up with lots of these!
jenniferkt@innovationsacademy.org

No comments:

Post a Comment