Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's so nice to meet you!

Hello Families!

I really enjoyed Friday's Open House, I hope you did to!  It was nice to have little moments to talk with you and I enjoyed reading the info you gave me, thank you for taking the time to write it out.  It was also lovely to see people getting to know each other and to watch the children already creating together!

Here are a few images from our first moments together.  I'm looking forward to many more!









Also, Tuesday is IA's first beautification day, please come if you are free.  Bring your power tools!  If you don't have any, come anyway, there are many jobs to be done for our school. 

I have a vision of our outside space making children feel surrounded by plants.  I am hoping more planters will be built on Tuesday.  We need soil for these and lots of plants.  If you get inspired at the nursery, here are some plants I wish to have out there:

different types of Lavender
Salvia
a Kumquat tree
Geraniums
Butterfly bush
Kangaroo paw
different types of sage
different types of mint
chicks and hens
a passion fruit vine
a snail vine
grape vines
I love the red, purple, white, color scheme so I'm going to start with that, with silver or dark green foliage. Part of the planter will be for ambiance and to invite butterflies and birds, while the other part we'll use for our class planting throughout the year.  When planting we will be keeping in mind the hot sun on the blacktop!

We already have a whole great batch of seeds donated by Henry's family for the children to begin planting when school starts. It's going to be fun and exciting to see veggies grow.  Thank you!
We still need soil and could use more planters, so if you have extra of either of these at home, please contact me.

I hope you are having a relaxing final week of summer!  Love, Jennifer




No comments:

Post a Comment