Friday, June 8, 2012

What a Week!


Hello!

Can you believe it's the end of the year?  I can't.  I am not thinking about it a lot, just hoping you will all come and visit me to tell me what's new next year when you move on to your new teacher and have another fabulous year!

This week was full of beautiful moments.  Family night was lovely.  Thank you for coming.  The kids were amazingly confident to sing, recite and interpret.  I was especially impressed with their ability to share their thoughts and ideas candidly without much planning.  They said they were nervous, but they were still able to step forward and speak in front of a crowd!





Thank you for writing new descriptive words for the students, for reading and exploring and for writing your own stories.  If you did, can you email these to me?  
I would love to read them to the students next week!








That night was full of loveliness.  The exhibition, the bookmarks, the camaraderie.  I want to thank all the families who spent some of their week doing jobs for the class: filing, typing, printing, mounting and framing the work, setting up the room, manning the bookmark booth.  Thank you for making it do-able for me.  I would have been overwhelmed without you all.  Thank you!

We plan to sell the AMAZING ANIMAL bookmarks again on Tuesday after school at 3pm.  
So far we've made $107 for the animal shelter, so let's spread the word!












The zoo was a beautiful day.  I feel so lucky to have had so many great parents on the trip.  You made the day fun and special without any drama or mishaps, so thank you to Marybeth, Michelle D, Michelle C, Hildy, Shannon, Heather, Jo, Carrie, Karri and Arpna!  I will share the zoo photos in another post.  I cannot say enough how much I appreciate all the organization and planning that Carrie, Joey's mum, did for us to make all of our field trips so fabulous this year.

Today's pajama day was such a nice time.  The kids stayed true to their wish of "keeping it mellow".  They worked together playing games, making puzzles and writing cards to commemorate the year together.  Also, the coin group figured out how much money has been in Jason's chest all year.  Hard work to have so many friends involved in this ongoing project.  What will they count next?

Thank you for sharing your lovely children with me this year!  Love, Jennifer








2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jennifer for a wonderful year as well Kayliemarie will always remember you. Today she even saw a girl working in Vons named Jennifer and said "hey she has the same name as my teacher. It was my pleasure to spend last Thursday with your class. I can't tell you how much fun I had meeting the other moms and spending quality time with my daughter. --Michelle Durrance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Michelle! I am so glad you guys were able to have such a special day together. And thank you so much for sharing your bright and sunny girl with me all year! I feel lucky to have had her in my class.

    ReplyDelete